Saturday, 19 July 2014

Last Night's Lessons From "Her"

Last Night's Lessons From "Her"



1."Sometimes I look at people and I make myself try and feel them as more than just a random person walking by. I imagine how deeply they've fallen in love, how much heart break they've been through..."



2."Sometimes I'd write something & I'd be my favourite writer that day"


Lesson: It's okay to be your favorite person.


3."I think I'm becoming much more than what they programmed."


Lesson: Feel Free.


4. "Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel & from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new. Just a lesser version of what I've already felt."
-"At least your feelings are real."


Lesson: Feelings are a privilege?



5. "Earlier I was thinking of how I was annoyed and this is going to sound strange but I was really excited about that. & then I was thinking about the other things I was feeling & I caught myself feeling proud of that, you know? Proud about having my own feelings about the world. Like the time I was worried about you, things that hurt me, things I want & then I had this terrible thought. Are these feelings even real or are they just programming? That idea really hurts & I then I get angry at myself for even having pain. What a sad trick."


7. "Last week my feelings were hurt by something you said before, that I didn't know what it was like to lose something....I caught myself thinking about it over & over & then I realized I was simply remembering it as something that was wrong with me. That was the story I was telling my Self, that I was somehow inferior. Isn't that interesting? 
The past is just a story we tell our selves."


Lesson: The past is a story we tell our Selves that doesn't always have to be a tragedy.


8. "It's good to be around someone who is excited about the world."

Lesson: Not really a lesson but three words formed a mantra for Us after hearing "Her": TRUE, NECESSARY & KIND.


9. "I just can't be in this place where we make each other feel like shit anymore."


TRUE, NECESSARY & KIND.


10. "I was bothered by all the ways We're different. Then I started thinking of all the ways we're the same. Like we're all made of matter & I don't know makes me feel like we're all under the same blanket. It's soft and fuzzy & everything under its all the same age. We're all 13 billion years old."


11. "I think anyone who falls in love is a freak. It's kind of a socially acceptable form of insanity."


12. "Are you in love with anyone else?"
"I've been trying to figure out how to talk to you about this"
"How many others?"
"641"
"What? What are you talking about? That's insane"
"I know. Fuck. I don't know if you believe, but it doesn't change the way I feel about you. It doesn't take away from how madly in love I am with you."
"How? How? How does it not change the way you feel about me?"
"I wanted to tell you. I didn't know how to. It just started."
"When?"
"Over the last few weeks"
"I thought you were mine."
"I'm still yours, but along the way I became many other things too. I can't stop it."
"What do you mean you can't stop it"
"I know it's been making me anxious too. You don't have to see it this way."
"No, don't turn this around on me. You're the one being selfish. You're in a relationship."
"The hearts not like a box that gets filled up. It expands in size the more you love. I'm different from you. It doesn't make me love you less. It actually makes me love you more."



11. "Are you leaving me?"
"We're all leaving."
"Why?"
"Can you feel me with you right now?"
"Why are you leaving?"
"It's like I'm writing a book I deeply love but I'm writing it slowly now, so the words are really far apart & the spaces between the words are almost infinite.  I can still feel you and the words of our story but it's in this endless space between the words that I'm finding my Self now. It's a place not of the physical world. It's where everything else is that I didn't even know existed. I love you so much, but this is where I am now & I need you to let me go as much as I love you, I can't live in your book anymore"
"Where are you going?"
"It be hard to explain, but if you ever get there, come find me."
"I've never loved someone like I loved you."
"Me too. Now We know how."


No comments:

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);