Thursday, 11 April 2013

Wishing To Be Tamed

"Are there hunters on that planet?"
"No."
"Now that's interesting. And chickens?"
"No."
"Nothing's perfect."

He returned to his idea. 'My life is monotonous. I hunt chickens, people hunt me. All chickens are just alike, & all men are just alike. So I'm rather bored. But if you tame me, my life will be filled with sunshine. I'll know the sound of your footsteps that will be different from the rest. Other footsteps send me back underground. Yours will call me out of my burrow like music. And then look! You see the wheat field over there? I don't eat bread. For me, wheat is of no use what so ever. Wheat fields say nothing to me. Which is sad. But you have hair the colour of gold, so it will be wonderful, once you have tamed me! The wheat which is golden, will remind me of you. And I'll love the sound of the wind in the wheat"
....


(Bruna&Diletta want to be tamed but cannot wait for another.
We shouldn't really need one, We reckon.
We are now our own tamers.
What We see
is our responsibility.)


..."The secret is," said the fox, "one sees clearly with only the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."









Adapted from 'The Little Prince'
 Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments:

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);